Wednesday, December 5, 2012

May was an Exciting Month!

Our staff covered a lot of miles in May of 2012, working with 5 different reunion groups.  We managed events in Norwich, CT, Warwick, RI, Minneapolis, MN,  Norfolk, VA and  Chattanooga, TN.  All of these locations were great host cities!

The week before Mother's Day we had a group go to the little town of Pawcatuck, CT (not to be confused with Pawtucket, RI!) for a special memorial dedication.  The members of the USS PAWCATUCK actually stayed in Norwich, CT, and rode the bus over to Pawcatuck to dedicate a memorial to the ship in their small veteran's park near the river.  It was a fantastic event!   Also while in CT, the group visited the Coast Guard Academy and the Sub Force Museum and Historic USS NAUTILUS.











Next on the calendar was the USS PURDY reunion in Warwick, RI.  Another great group of folks in another great location.  The meet for 4 nights instead of the traditional 3, so they can enjoy a slightly slower pace.  From Warwick, they ventured over to the historic area of Boston, the Battleship Cove, and to see the mansions in Newport.  It made for a great reunion!
















2 comments:

  1. Had a great time in Warwick, RI, you guys do a great job.THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan Zavisza, CAPT, USNR-retFebruary 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM

    I enjoyed Warwick because it was near to where I live. I was also a late addition because I had a prior personal problem to solve and was not sure I could make the date. Your staff (Larry) was super helpful to get me signed in and included in the activities. I would rate the hotel a 4 out of 5. I especially liked the trip to Battleship Cove since I had not been there for many years.

    ReplyDelete